Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friendship Star

Even though it is fall and I love the fall colors, I still like to work with bright and happy fabric.  In July, I taught a Girls Sew In at Dragonfly Quilt Shop for girls ages 10 and up.  They had a blast and wanted to make another quilt.  We will have another class in December.  This time they are going to learn 1/2 square triangles and make the Friendship Star Quilt.  It makes me so happy to see young girls wanting to learn to sew.   Sewing was lost for awhile, but I think it is making a big come back.  In 2011 we will be starting a club at Dragonfly for the young girls.  We will be doing a make in take project every quarter.  Come join us if you have a daughter, granddaugher, niece or friend that you would like them to learn the wonderful world of quilting and sewing.







No comments:

Post a Comment